We use the "DVD and Books" Distance Learning Kits.
My
4th and 6th graders have learned a tremendous amount of grammar and
have quickly grasped and embraced the writing process thanks to Mrs.
Overly's engaging, thorough and effective teaching. I love how the
grammar lessons are directly applied in the writing lessons that follow
them. This method clearly demonstrates why grammar is so important and
how the two (grammar and writing) go together. I will never teach
grammar and writing separately again!
Mrs. Overly is such a kind, godly woman. She's extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic. I am so impressed with her expertise. Also, unlike myself, since she is a teacher on DVD, she is always perfectly prepared and never moody! ;-)
I love the flexibility of DVD's because we can watch the lessons anywhere in the house on any t.v. or computer.
I think it's wonderful that the DVD teacher teaches directly to the homeschool student as opposed to teaching a classroom full of children with a video camera set up in the back of the room as some curriculum providers do it. The bjupress teacher is able to focus all of her instruction on the homeschool student, and no time is wasted.
We have really enjoyed the themes, game shows and the "virtual field trips' as we call them. This adds some fun to the mix.
The video lessons are 15 minutes in length, so it takes us approximately 30 -45 minutes to complete a lesson. In the 4th grade course, completing a lesson usually takes 30 minutes. In the 6th grade course, it usually takes a little longer, more like 30 - 45 minutes.
I feel certain that my children are receiving the best education possible. I would highly recommend the English DVD with Books Distance Learning Kit. It's definitely worth every penny...and then some!
Mrs. Overly is such a kind, godly woman. She's extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic. I am so impressed with her expertise. Also, unlike myself, since she is a teacher on DVD, she is always perfectly prepared and never moody! ;-)
I love the flexibility of DVD's because we can watch the lessons anywhere in the house on any t.v. or computer.
I think it's wonderful that the DVD teacher teaches directly to the homeschool student as opposed to teaching a classroom full of children with a video camera set up in the back of the room as some curriculum providers do it. The bjupress teacher is able to focus all of her instruction on the homeschool student, and no time is wasted.
We have really enjoyed the themes, game shows and the "virtual field trips' as we call them. This adds some fun to the mix.
The video lessons are 15 minutes in length, so it takes us approximately 30 -45 minutes to complete a lesson. In the 4th grade course, completing a lesson usually takes 30 minutes. In the 6th grade course, it usually takes a little longer, more like 30 - 45 minutes.
I feel certain that my children are receiving the best education possible. I would highly recommend the English DVD with Books Distance Learning Kit. It's definitely worth every penny...and then some!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
English 4 Student (2nd ed.) places an emphasis on traditional
English grammar as well as practice with vital reference skills and
step-by-step use of the Writing Process for eight different types of
writing assignments, such as personal narrative, tall tale, persuasive
essay, and more. The student worktext provides guided practice,
independent practice, chapter reviews, and cumulative reviews. Located
at the back of the worktext, the Writing Handbook contains a thesaurus
and writing models, and the Grammar Handbook contains a list of
abbreviations, prepositions, homophones, and diagramming models.
English 6 emphasizes traditional grammar as well as practice with essential reference skills. The elementary English curriculum provides a step-by-step introduction to the Writing Process for eight different types of writing assignments, such as personal narratives, newspaper editorials, historical fiction, and limericks. The student worktext provides guided practice, independent practice, chapter reviews, and cumulative reviews to reinforce key grammar concepts. Located at the back of the worktext, the Writing Handbook contains a thesaurus and writing models, and the Grammar Handbook contains a list of abbreviations, prepositions, homophones, and sentence diagramming models.
For more information about homeschool products from BJU Press, Check out the BJU Press website.


No comments:
Post a Comment